May 5 -- Homeschool History Day
Enjoy a day at Oatlands designed especially for homeschooling families!
9:00 am to 3:00 pm
$5.00 per person
Children under 3 are free
No advance tickets or reservations required!
Participate in these special events:
- Take a hike through the vast fields and woods of the property
- Visit the 2nd oldest greenhouse in the country and learn about the enslaved community at Oatlands
- Create a special butterfly life cycle craft and visit our butterfly patch
- Learn about herbs in the garden
- Walk to the Wegmeyer Farms strawberry patch
- Play colonial games, and much more!
Enjoy other everyday offerings for an additional fee:
- Guided tours of the mansion - $8.00 per person
- Hayride to the strawberry patch - $5.00 per person
(ages 16 and above/under 16 free)
- Picking strawberries – additional cost per pound
(paid at the Wegmeyer strawberry patch)
Please Note: Homeschool Day is held rain-or-shine. In the event of rain, certain activities may be canceled.
For more information, please contact: Lori Kimball, Director of Programming and Education via email at email@example.com or call 703-777-3174.