Nestled in picturesque Loudoun County, Virginia, Oatlands Historic House & Garden boasts over 200 years of history, and 30 years as a wedding venue. The historic mansion and beautifully terraced formal gardens offer the perfect venue for your wedding. Fall in love with a lush garden ceremony, and after exchanging your vows, enjoy cocktails in the gardens, and explore the Greek Revival mansion. For your reception, you may choose to celebrate with family and friends at one of three enchanting sites: an elegant tent on the front lawn of the Mansion, the tented Pavilion by the Historic 1810 Greenhouse, or in the 1903 Carriage House. The garden, grounds, historic structures, and stunning vistas provide a charming and timeless setting for your day. Contact our special events team directly by calling the number below or send an email.
Site Rentals Include:
- A 5-hour event; no charge for the ceremony rehearsal, 2.5 hour set up, or 1-hour vendor breakdown.
- An Oatlands point-of-contact and site manager for both the ceremony rehearsal and wedding.
- Multiple options for ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception sites.
- Beautifully manicured formal gardens, ideal for photography year-round.
- Private spaces available for the bridal party to prepare.
- Ample parking with overhead lighting. Handicap parking available.
- List of suggested vendors and local resources.
- Use of electrical outlets and restroom facilities.
- Tenting and available inventory of equipment (tables and chairs) included.
Oatlands has multiple venues for ceremony and reception. Prices vary by location and expected guest count. Call, email or a submit an inquiry to receive more information.
The property is currently open to the public from April through the end of December. If you prefer to enjoy a guided visit, please make an appointment with a member of the special events team.
- When the property is open April through December, our hours of operation are Monday-Saturday 10:00a.m.-5:00p.m., or Sunday, 1:00p.m.-5:00p.m. Please pick up a complimentary pass to the grounds at the Carriage House Gift Shop. [This pass does not include admittance to the mansion.]